Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Long Hair Short Hair 123

I haven't had a haircut for a year and a half already. My splits ends were starting to form in the worse way possible and the tips of my hair were getting irritably dry.

I knew that I had to chop it off some time this year and I was searching around to see which haircut I would want to live in for a couple of months before it starts growing out again. I've dyed my hair in the past which is probably why my ends were drying up.


Uber long hair. Thin also. I'm so jealous of those girls that has thick luscious hair, I feel like I'm thinning out or something.


I have to admit, I do like that "ombre" effect that it gave me since my natural color was growing out. I had it dyed in late 2011 and it took a good 1.4 months to grow out. I was at a point where I was completely ready to get rid of the nasty hair.

So, I was searching around and I remember watching a TVB series where the female actor's hair caught my eyes.


Tavia Yeung in Friendly Fire had this mature bob cut and I thought, wouldn't it be nice to try that out? I had short hair before, more on the A-line bob side but this is just a regular bob. Plus, I always like short hair in the summer, so much easier to manage and take care.

I went to my usual salon and told my hair stylist exactly what I want. Actually, I just showed him a picture of Tavia and he knew what to do. Within a blink of an eye, he took off a good foot of hair with an electronic hair shaver/razor. It hit my shoulder and from there he started trimming and forming the shape of the hair.

Result?


I really dig it.
It a bit lighter and I love it when the wind blows through my hair. The best part is always washing my hair and having it dry within the half hour. I also don't have to worry about having it caught when I wear light jackets or have my bag sling onto my shoulders.


At time it gives me this "cute" look that everyone at my office would tell me. Other times, I can look really mature (but apparently a lot younger) depending on my outfit. I love pairing this hair with my leather jacket, kind of a bad ass chick haha

I might want to keep this length until autumn comes, which means I would need to go back and get it maintained. Do I miss my hair? Truthfully, not at all. Plus, I think I'll stick with my natural color for a while. Coloring my hair is cool and definitely pretty but it eats away my hair which is quite creepy...

No comments:

Post a Comment