Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

What is Ebates?

I know that the holiday seasons are just around the corner and what do we all do around this time? Shop.

So, I'd like to share my thoughts about savings to maximize your satisfaction with shopping.

I was first introduced to Ebates a couple of years ago but it wasn't until recently that I use it every time I do online shopping. Ebates is a program which gives you a certain percent cash back when you shop through their website. It's really easy to use and also really beneficial when you do a lot of shopping. It's no gimmick, you do get cash back, either direct debit or a check.

It's quite simple, you can register through here (I do get a bit of incentive if you register through the link) or here (if you don't want to use the previous link I provided for any personal reasons). Once you're registered and set up your account, you're ready to shop.


Always remember to log into your account before clicking on anything on the website.


Once you're logged in, you can view your account and how much you already got back on the upper right hand side. On the left side would be all the retailers you can shop at which gives you cash back, click on the drop down to see more. Not all brands/retailers/websites are listed here but it doesn't hurt to always check before you continue on with your shopping.


Once you found where you want to shop at, just click on it and Ebates will automatically generate a tracking ticket which it will use as proof that you had complete the purchase to give you the cash back. You can also use that tracking ticket number to contact customer service about any issues you had.

Here are some examples/scenarios that might be helpful --
(a) I want to buy an item from a big department store like Macy's, Neiman Marcus, or JCPenny (just to name a few). But the cash back on one of the stores is higher than the others but they all carry the item that I want. So here, the best bet is to purchase from the seller that gives the most cash back to maximize my cash received.
(b) I want to buy an item I found at this website because I was browsing through it, but when logged into Ebates found out that they did not participate with Ebates.com therefore I tried to search for another website which did partner up with Ebates to get the cash back (although this sometimes doesn't work because the item you want is only exclusively at that specific website).

Ebates is a great way to get some money back while shopping and it doesn't make you feel too guilty when you're buying in a big bulk because the percent cash back is taken from the total, so technically the more you shop the more you get back. Plus, with the Family and Friend sales going on now, it's a great time to sign up for Ebates.

Love,
LN

I am not affiliated or sponsored with/by Ebates.com, this entry is just my personal opinion and in hope to help my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment