Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birchbox 112011

I'm really disappointed in this month's Birchbox, if this continues I might just opt out.
Anyways, here's what Birchbox had to offer this month.


I find that Birchbox has been including edible samples also. Find it a bit weird. Makes me wonder if they're actually edible...


Anastasia Beverly Hills - HydraFull Gloss
A tiny tube of tip gloss. I really like the color, I like the consistency but I'm not "wowed" by the entire product. Plus, the applicator was a plastic paddle. Ultra weird. Definitely not an impressive product or packaging.

Harvey Prince - Eau Flirt
I like the scent, like a lot. Literally reminds me of the winter holidays. What bothers me about this is the packaging of the sample perfume. Why can't it be in a spritzer tube?

Supersmile - Professional Whitening Toothpaste
Toothpaste? I was surprise to see this in the box. I tried it once and I'm never touching it again. I usually expect toothpaste to foam when I brush, it definitely doesn't happen with Supersmile. And it has a mandarin mint taste, sorry but I like my toothpaste in plain mint. 

Zoya - Nail Polish in Holly
Cute tiny bottle but I wish they weren't cheap and just gave the regular size bottle (I know, I'm expecting a lot from $10). I like the color, definitely holiday appropriate.

Chuao Chocolatier - Firecracker Chocopod
Last but not least, chocolate. Tasted a bit funky. Chipotle, salt, and popping candy in dark chocolate... definitely didn't arouse my senses. 

Extremely disappointed. I'm going to give it another month or two and see what Birchbox has to offer but if it fails to amaze me then I'll be cancelling my subscription. I mean, I like the idea of being surprised but... this is getting my hopes really up and then shattered. Then again, I might have too high of an expectation. 

I'm actually excited to see what December holds since it's the holiday/Christmas-y month =]

No comments:

Post a Comment