Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Secret To Long-Lasting Eyeliner

I always hate to see my eyeliner smear in the middle of the day. Raccoon eyes anyone? I usually get them on my outer corners of my bottom lashline or towards my inner tear duct. It's just so weird and majorily unattractive. I've seen a lot of gurus using eyeshadows to set their eyeliner but for some reason it wasn't good enough for me. It'll usually last around half the day and then the liner will start to travel around my eyes.

So, with this said I put in an extra step to insure that my eyeliner wouldn't budge throughout the entire day. The secret? I use pencil liner, liquid liner, and also eye shadow. You might think that's a whole lot of liner/products but it totally works (at least definitely for me).

The 3 products that I used for long-lasting eyeliner - 
Almay pencil liner
Maybelline liquid liner
NYX eyeshadow in Black

Starting off with clean eyes

I tight-line and line my eyes, this also acts as a base. Doesn't need to be too neat.

The reason why I said it didn't need to be neat is because you'll be running a liquid liner over that. Makes the process so much easier this way.

Using an angled brush, dip it in the eyeshadow and set your eyes. This literally conceals everything and won't make the liners budge one bit.

Curl lashes...

Mascara time! My favorite of the moment is Maybelline Lash Blast, keep my lashes up and also lengthens it.

Voila!

It definitely has a couple more steps than your regular eye-liner routine but if I'm going out for the entire day, I would definitely put in that extra effort to secure my eye-liner. I have oily skin, so I secrete a lot more oil than usual and my eyelid gets oily also. Which means, the more oils I secrete the higher the chance my eye makeup will smear. But after doing routine, my eye-liner stays put.

If you have the same problem as me with lining your eyes, give this a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment