Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review: J.Crew Majesty Peacoat

Finding the right outerwear to perfectly fit a person's body is utterly the most difficult task ever, especially when that someone is yourself. I'm missing a peacoat in my closet and it's a staple piece that wouldn't go out of style each winter. So, I was perfectly fine investing in a peacoat that would fit me well and is also made of fine good material.

I was browsing through J.Crew and saw so many nice coats on their website. Although on the pricier side, there was a 25% off code floating around during that time which made it less painful. I was looking at this, this and this but find it wasn't practical and I needed to focus on the peacoat.

That's when I found the Majesty Peacoat from them. On the model, it was the perfect cut. It even came in petite, regular and tall. I went in-store to get a fit on the coat but unfortunately they didn't have the color I wanted. The salesperson was nice enough to help me order it through the phone. If you order/purchase anything at or through the store, you get a 15% off student discount (with a valid ID card). I jumped at that opportunity and ordered the size and color I wanted.

The shipping was quick, I was so excited when I received it in the mail.


The coat was nicely folded along with a hanger attached.


I had purchased the Majesty Peacoat in a size 4, heather charcoal (for reference, I am 5'4" and weigh about 120 pounds). When I tried it on, everything seemed to be a bit off. That wasn't the case in person when I tried on the same size but in the color navy. The sleeves are longer and the waist felt a lot wider with the heather charcoal.




To say the least, it wasn't flattering at all. It made me felt bulky and short. The reason might be because I had ordered it in regular instead of petite. But I really doubt the waist would be any narrower if I ordered it in petite. And I couldn't find any good reason to keep the coat and have it tailored. The material was really sturdy and can most likely keep you warm in weathers around 30-40°F since it's made of Italian wool.

Needless to say, I returned the coat because it wasn't exactly what I had in mind and wanted. At least I learned about the student discount.

Other peacoats to consider:


Love,
LN

No comments:

Post a Comment